Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heater

This is my absolute least favorite time of year. For the record, I despise being cold, and during the winter, it seems like I'm cold to the core. But, there is one bright spot! I LOVE being able to crawl into bed late at night and sidle up next to my heater, AKA Billy. Our internal thermostats are so vastly different, it's amazing, really. I can be freezing and he will complain of being burning hot. How is this possible? He swears I have poor circulation, which I'm not denying, because there must be some reasonable scientific explanation as to how two people can experience the same room temperature in two totally different ways. Anyway, during the summer, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will NOT let me snuggle, cuddle or otherwise touch him in bed (eh-hem, unless...), but during the winter, I get this perk! I actually think he kinda likes it when I come put my freeeeezing cold body, legs, toes and hands on him while he's sleeping. Perhaps it's something like a cool breeze to him? Who knows. But what I DO know is that I truly appreciate our temperature variations at this time of year, this time of night.

Snuggling in the winter. Perfection!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is SO Adam and I!

Cat said...

Oh how I feel ya, Scott is like summertime all the time!

Anonymous said...

It must be our genes.. because I am the SAME way! Darren is always warm.

Lynns said...

you are always cold!

Meli Palmer said...

Craig and I are the same way. I wonder if it's just something about men and women.

Tess said...

I found it! Your profile is working!

I think this warm/cold thing may be a body mass issue or something. Less blood flow when you are smaller? My extremities are ALWAYS cold, even in the summer.

UN-GLAMOR-US said...

Thanks for the comment. Never really though anyone but Meli read my blog :-P I've come along way over the last year and a half. I'm just tired of being in the tweny-something "why am I here and what am I doing with my life" stage. Neways, I'm blaming day-light-savings-time for my depressing mood. Neways, thanks for listening.

Swistle said...

In summer, I can barely stand to share a bed with Furnace McPaul. But in the winter, I practically sleep on his side.